Fashion Week Preview

Posted in Fashion by unknownhipster on February 5, 2011

This is the time of the year in New York when you see them returning.

The tall, thin, black silhouettes navigating the slush in their cheap Rock boots.

They announce the coming of Fashion Week like quails announce the end of summer.

I was inspired to write them a poem :

I see you, all pale faced and sad eyes, standing at the corner

« Don’t look at me unless you’re Vinoodh and Inez

My boyfriend he will get you

Dump you in a trash bin somewhere

Daddy will drown you in a pond behind the factory »

I saw you walking fast

Holding tight the frozen plastic of the lookbooks

And now in the middle of the night

I hear you giggling in the hotel rooms

I often see this guy at the airport.

He chaperones the girls trans-Atlantic.

I think he figures out the passports, waits for the bags,

Makes sure some jerk doesn’t snap some photos of them in their sleep.

The girls look bored while they wait.

No friends but a cellphone.

1. [...] The Unknown Hipster writes poems about upcoming New York Fashion Week. I saw you walking fast [...]

2. helen williams said, on February 5, 2011 at 11:39 am

I see them too…I’m reminded of pretty, sad giraffes. thanks for the poem!

3. camille said, on February 10, 2011 at 4:13 am

beautiful, I love this post. I was waiting for your next story like a sad giraffe too.

4. wizmosis said, on February 11, 2011 at 1:02 am

Yes, thanks so much for bringing a glint of NYC hipitude to this corner of the universe (Portland, Oregon). I love your posts. They make life richer.

5. lorita said, on February 19, 2011 at 2:56 pm

happy me, thanks for the poem.
    sad them, they need to read the poem.

6. Fashion child said, on February 19, 2011 at 6:19 pm

ohhh i like this blog! I love art and drawing. My brother is a hipster too!

7. RoskÖ said, on February 21, 2011 at 1:17 am

Pauvres grandes choses maigres,.. Silhouettes figurantes quand elles se voudraient actrices… Condamnées à hanter des catwalk surpeuplés, sous un drap toujours différent…

8. Yve said, on March 1, 2011 at 6:55 am

No friends but a cellphone- how very true and sad when the means becomes the end!

9. Liu said, on March 5, 2011 at 7:57 am

Génial , toujours me fait rire!

10. L.C. Mangin-Malingue said, on March 10, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Your Blog put a very edgy eye an Fashion and Trends small world.

11. Thorina Rose said, on March 11, 2011 at 12:36 am

hilarious– and so true!

12. gala said, on March 28, 2011 at 4:43 pm

very cool artwork – you should print your images on tees and make millions x