Dung called me from Art Basel in Miami the other day:
– Hey, Unknown, the book is sold out in the US.
I was rather surprised because my first collection of poems, Found Love letters and Unread Poems from the Trash Room, self-published 35 years ago, is still available
(Interested? Free bicycle delivery in the greater Brooklyn area).
– So, what is August Editions going to do? How about selling my old collected poems instead?
– The poems are interesting, but… uh, maybe another time. Actually, a new edition of a 1000 copies of The Unknown Hipster Diaries is already in the works, it will be available around March next year. And it will have a new picture of you on the cover.
– What about an abstract image? Or a photo of some weed growing freely out of a Bushwick sidewalk?
– Uh… How was the exhibition opening of your illustrations at Colette?
– It was cool, and…yes, Balthus, was there.
– Yes, he is very cute.
– Balthus, like the painter?
– Balthus Billy Zahm, Olivier and Natacha’s baby, don’t you check the Purple Diary everyday? I think it was Balthus first opening, Natacha said so.
– You must be very honored!
– Woody came early, though, needed some sleep.
– Yes, Sarah and Philippe’s baby. He is very cute too. And very well-dressed. Cool socks. What is that loud music behind you? Are you at a party?
– I’m in Kanye West’s car. Baldessari’s driving. In fact, we are going to André’s pop-up Le Baron for Larry Gagosian, Glenn’s D.J.ing, he says hi.
– Could I request a tune?
– What about your book signing at Colette, on Saturday?
– I just bought a stock of blue spray cans.
– You mean, you’re going to graffiti the books?
– Why not? …Well, right, with all the babies, maybe I will borrow their color pencils.
The Unknown Hipster Diaries booksigning at Colette, Saturday 15th December, from 4pm to 6pm.
The Unknown Hipster Diaries exhibition at Colette, 10th December 2102 to 10 January 2013
The Unknown Hipster Diaries, 2nd Edition, will be available March 1st, 2013, from Amazon and selected bookstores in the U.S.